Looking for something to do with all that leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Try this healthy…and EASY…grilled kale Caesar topped with leftover turkey! Pairs perfectly with a crisp, citrusy, and mineral Gruner Veltliner from Shady Lane Cellars and Woodberry Wine.
Makes 1 Serving
- 3.5 oz turkey breast, sliced or cubed
- 4 cups of kale (approximately 4 stems)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise (Avocado or Paleo friendly)
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler to low. Place the baking rack approximately 4 inches from the broiler.
- Chop the kale into 1 inch cubes. Lightly spray with olive oil. Spread evenly across a baking sheet.
- Broil the kale on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, depending on the level of desired char.
- Remove from the broiler and transfer to a mixing bowl. Toss the kale with the Caesar dressing. Transfer to a bowl or plate and top with turkey breast.
- Serve alongside a dry Riesling or Gruner Veltliner. Enjoy!